Sunday, August 27, 2017

CAS, ATCs and a Teacher Thank You

I am getting better at making CAS cards… or at least I feel like I am. Made a few CAS cards this weekend for my friends over at AAA Card Challenges and had fun making them. Here is the first!
The challenge required masking. I used a wonderful free image from Beccy’s Place titled Silhouette. I made a mask for the sun by punching a circle from a post it note. Put that in place, then sponged colors to create a rich sunset.
Entered into: 
AAA Card Challenges- Masking                   
   (aaacards.blogspot.com/)
Beccy’s Place Challenge- August                                 
    (beccysplace.blogspot.com)
Cute Card Thursday- Bright Colors                            
     (cutecardthursday.blogspot.com) 

I’ve never made an ATC before, but had fun making several of them during my weekend fun time in my craft room. Fori this pair I used I used a favorite stamp from All Night Media and several embellishments from my scrapbooking stash.
Entered into: 
Simon Says Monday Challenge- ATCs                          
     (simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge)
              
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge is Back to School. I had fun making cards this weekend with this theme. Here is the first!
I created the sentiment on my computer (has always been one of my favorite sayings, and thought it was especially appropriate for teachers.) The apple image (from an old Stampin’ Up set of minis) and a Printworks “Thank You” were both embossed in white on black cardstock to resemble a chalkboard. (And since the stamps were from two different sets, I am entering the card in the current Poppy Power challenge.) Attached that to the card with double-stick tape, finished it off with mounting corners created from scraps of patterned paper.
Entered into: 
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Back to School                  
     (simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge)
Poppy Power- Mix & Match                                  
    (powerpoppy.blogspot.com/2017/08/august-challenge-mix-and-match.html)  
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge
    (craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.com) 

7 comments:

  1. Wow, that sunset is something else Kathy, what gorgeous, rich colours! I love the technique you used to create this card... fabulous!
    You did a great job on your first ever ATC's. They're a great way to practice lots of different techniques are lots of fun to make and swap. If you haven't already, you should consider joining an ATC swap in your home state. I was in one several years ago and had a blast.
    Your final card for today is wonderful and will certainly be appreciated by a hard working teacher. I really like the "chalkboard" with the apple and sentiment stamps... very appropriate for the recipient.
    Gorgeous work yet again Kathy, thanks for sharing!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous is your scene and super use of masking to create the sun. Love your rich use of colours for the sunset. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Such a beautiful sunset! Great masking again! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  4. These atcs are the sweetest i've seen around! love the rabbits!!
    Congrats on your first ATC!!! Hope more will come!
    Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp monday challenge we hope to see you next time
    x ZOEY

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all wonderful Kathy! You have nailed the CAS look and I love those cute ATC's.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, stunning card! What a great ink blending and Moon masking. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at AAA Cards Challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! This is incredible!!! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!